Mongoose is an easy to use web server. It can be embedded into existing application to provide a web interface to it.
Mongoose web server executable is self-sufficient, it does not depend on anything to start serving requests. If it is copied to any directory and executed, it starts to serve that directory on port 8080 (so to access files, go to http://localhost:8080). If some additional config is required – for example, different listening port or IP-based access control, then a mongoose.conf file with respective options can be created in the same directory where executable lives. This makes Mongoose perfect for all sorts of demos, quick tests, file sharing, and Web programming.
- Crossplatform – works on Windows, MacOS and most flavors of UNIX
- CGI, SSL, SSI, Digest (MD5) authorization, resumed download, aliases
- IP-based ACL, Windows service, GET, POST, HEAD, PUT, DELETE methods
- Small footprint: executable size is 40 kB on Linux 2.6 i386 system, 60 kB on Windows system
- Embeddable with simple and clean API. Source is in single .c file to make things easy
- Language suport for:
- C/C++ (native)
- Python – since version 2.6 (done)
- C# – since version 2.7 (done)
- Ruby – since version 2.9 (todo)
- Lua – since version 2.9 (todo)
Sample Conf :
# Mongoose web server configuration file.
# Lines starting with ‘#’ and empty lines are ignored.
# For detailed description of every option, visit
# NOTE FOR PHP USERS:
# Correct PHP binary to use is php-cgi.exe, NOT php.exe!
# cgi_interp c:\php\php-cgi.exe
# cgi_interp c:\perl\bin\perl.exe
# cgi_ext cgi,pl,php
# ssi_ext shtml,shtm
# auth_realm mydomain.com
# dir_list no
# index_files index.html,index.htm,index.php,index.cgi
# aliases /my_d_disk=d:\,/my_e_disk=e:\
# acl -0.0.0.0/0,+10.0.0.0/8,+192.168.0.0/16
# admin_uri /remote_admin
# protect /remote_admin=c:\passwords.txt
# cgi_env FOO=BAR,BAZ=POO
# auth_gpass c:\mongoose_global_web_passwords.txt
# auth_PUT c:\mongoose_put_delete_passwords.txt
# ssl_cert ssl_cert.pem
# max_threads 100
# idle_time 10
Official Web site : http://code.google.com/p/mongoose/
Download Project Site : http://code.google.com/p/mongoose/downloads/list