It is very difficult to manage multiple websites without a control panel. However to suit the needs, we need a custom hosting plan. Many people seek open source webhosting control panels. These web based control panels can manage email accounts, FTP accounts, file management functions, creation of subdomains, disk space monitoring, bandwidth monitoring, create backups and many more.
You can use these free and Open Source Web Hosting Control Panels.
1. ISPConfig: One of the most popular hosting panels for Linux. Its open source, BSD-licensed, hosting control panel for Linux, designed to manage Apache, BIND, FTP, and databases, supporting many Linux distributions. Runs on most major Linux distributions, including: Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, and OpenSuSE.
Manage more than one server from one control panel.
Easy to use web interface for administrator, reseller and client login.
Manage web servers like Apache and Nginx.
Configuration mirroring and clusters.
Manage email and FTP servers.
And many more
Online Demo :
2. Kloxo : Free webhosting software. Manage clients, resellers, databases, traffic, domains, mail and IPs across multiple locations with a light and efficient control panel. A fully featured project that is actively maintained. It’s noted for it’s sleek interface. Only runs on CentOS or RHEL.
CentOS 5 Support
Integrates with billing software such as AWBS, WHMCS and HostBill
Kloxo HostinABox: Feature Complete web hosting platform that uses 10MB RSS.
Kloxo Enterprise: distributed hosting platform.
View, Search and Manage your entire hosting, and every domain from a single page.
Lxguard, advanced intrusion detection management interface.
Supports apache/lighttpd, djbdns/bind and pure-ftpd
On the fly Switch between applications
Scale to million hits per day, using fastcgi
Upgrade from HostInABox to Enterprise without re-installing
Online Demo :
3. OpenPanel : It has lots of functionality, an attractive interface and is very user friendly, An actively maintained project for Linux, packed full of features. It can manage Apache, AWStats, Bind DNS, PureFTPD, Postfix, MySQL databases, IPTables firewall and Courier-IMAP e-mails and more.
CLI — For hardcore users we have added an intuitive Command Line Interface.
Open architecture — Our infrastructure is extremely open and modular. This makes it very easy to add functionality in almost any language.
GPL Licensed — The control panel is free of charge, you can see how it works and change what you want.
Dedicated development team — OpenPanel will continue to be extended and supported by its growing community.
4. ZPanel : Zpanel is a free open source web hosting control panel for Windows, Linux, OS X and UNIX. Zpanel is written in purely PHP language and runs on Apache, PHP and MySQL. It comes with core set of essential features to run your web hosting service. The core features includes Apache Web Server, hMailServer, FileZilla Server, MySQL, PHP, Webalizer, RoundCube, phpMyAdmin, phpSysInfo, FTP Jailing.
ZPanel is a web-based web hosting control panel that runs on top of Apache, PHP and MySQL.
ZPanel integrates with various open-source and cross platform applications and servers enabling ZPanel to be compatible with various platforms
Linux/UNIX, BSD and OSX machines
Microsoft® Windows based servers
Security as standard
General modules straight out of the box
Easily add new functionality
5. GNUPanel : GNUPanel is a completely free (GPL) replacement for proprietary web hosting automation software. Its for Debian GNU/Linux and derivatives like Ubuntu. The administrator can manage a web hosting server, create public and private hosting accounts, accept Paypal, Cuentadigital and Dineromail payments, send messages to users, create redirections, use the integrated support ticket system, control bandwidth, disk space and define policies for accounts suspension.
A complete web hosting control panel for Debian/Ubuntu systems
Adaptable to other major GNU/Linux distributions (CentOS, Fedora)
Published under GPL license
Multiserver & IPv6 support
New graphic interface
Plug-ins system to extent functionality
DEB package to run “apt-get install gnupanel” !!
Basic code ready to build a true GNU package
Integrated tickets system
Payments gateway modules
Online Demo :
6. EHCP : EHCP is a Free Hosting Control Panel for Ubuntu/Debian/Mint/Pardus and similars, a web based software for managing your hosting server. You can manage your domains, ftp, emails and more using EHCP.
Full php, full opensource, easily modifiable, customazible, ehcp templates
Unlimited “resellers, panel users, domains, ftp users, emails, mysqls”
Domains, subdomains, ftp, mysql, dns (automatic), email etc. management
password protected domains,
Email forwarding, autoreply, catch-all emails,
Easy Install Scripts (scripts easily downloaded and copied by means of server)
Disk quota control,
Custom http, custom dns, domain aliases, domain redirect,
Different languages, templates support, a few lang/templates included,
Different Menus/pages for Server Admin, Reseller, domain admin, email user.
server backup/restore (files+db)
domain transfer to another ehcp user
simple, light, fast, host hundreds of domains in it.
supports Ubuntu 6-10.04, debian 4,5, all debian based linux’es,
Any server related program may be installed with Ubuntu’s apt-get command,
Almost all programs are always up-to-date when you update your server, with Ubuntu’s: apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade
Opensource, GPL, free, full php, object oriented, modular, easily modifiable/extendable design..
Online Demo :
7. Domain Technologie Control (DTC) : DTC control panel aiming at commercial hosting. Using a web GUI for the administration and accounting all hosting services, DTC can delegate the task of creating subdomains, email, ssh, database, mailing lists, and FTP accounts to users for the domain names they own.
DTC manages a MySQL database containing all the hosting informations, and configure your server’s services and apllication for doing virtual hosting (DTC is compabible with a huge list of applications). It also connects to dtc-xen to manage and monitor the usage of Virtual Private Servers (VPS), it does the billing in general (including billing of dedicated servers), has integrated support tickets and more.
Real-time bandwidth monitor for all server on each user basis
Automatic ip update (dyndns-like feature)
Antivirus and anti-spam with spam quarantine (“spam” imap folder) for mail
Automated backup NS and MX between 2 or more control panels (with domain list exchange over HTTPS)
Unix type independency (can run on FreeBSD, redhat, debian, OS-X…)
Store-front integration with registration form and payment gateway option
Mailing lists with many options (including moderation, header customization, and HTML archives)
Package installer (like fantastico) to be able to install many apps (phpBB, osCommerce, Drupal, etc…) in few clicks
Full internationalization: translated to many languages (currently up to 11)
Management of all types of hosting: Shared, Dedicated or VPS
Full billing system, including customer invoicing and renewals, and company book keeping with multiple company support (currently only supporting one currency at a time)
Integrated support ticket system
Full server monitoring system, globally and per service and user IN REAL TIME
Online Demo :
8 : Virtualmin : Virtualmin is a powerful and flexible web hosting control panel for Linux and UNIX systems based on the well-known Open Source web-based systems management GUI, Webmin. Manage your virtual domains, mailboxes, databases, applications, and the entire server, from one comprehensive and friendly interface.
Virtualmin offers four methods for managing your server: Web, mobile device, command line, and remote API. Virtualmin is always available, no matter where you are or how you want to work. Integrate with Cloudmin, Webmin, and Usermin for management of your whole data center, from servers to users and application.
Online Demo :
For more information http://www.gnutoolbox.com/syscp/
Online Demo :
10 : Tpanel
For more information http://www.gnutoolbox.com/tpanel/